Friday, November 23, 2012

Wiki Lab


Happy After Thanksgiving!

Today I am working on Wiki sites.  I was suppose to update a fact or SOMETHING to my school site.  Then, I was asked to create a site.  So this is what I did.  Because my school did not have a Wikipedia site, I decided to go to the generic site of Tawas Area Schools and update their page.  I changed a couple incorrect things, as the elementary school is no longer PreK-4.  Also, the name of the middle school was incorrect.  Then I linked the name of my elementary school, Clara Bolen to a new Clara Bolen Elementary Wikipedia page.  This was the wikipedia that I was asked to create.  I put a few facts about the school.  I also attached reference pages to support some of the things I wrote (for example, we won a state award last year, therefore I attached links to reference it).  I also linked the Clara Bolen Elementary Site to the Tawas Area Schools and Tawas City, Michigan sites.  I also linked the Tawas City site to mine.  It wasn't as challenging as I thought it would be!  I also played around with Wikispaces, creating a site that looks like this: Mrs. Plank's Page.  It was so easy to insert the Widgets... especially the Skype and the Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment